By sea or air Trans International can provide you with a regular door to door service anywhere in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Europe.
We have a regular shared container service to Tilbury in England, from our agent's customs bonded warehouse we customs clear and distribute all over Europe and the United Kingdom.
We also offer sole use container services to all United Kingdom and European destinations.
United Kingdom Customs Requirements
As long as you have right of residency to the United Kingdom you can import your personal effects duty free if you meet the following criteria:
Motor Vehicles and Motor cycles into the United Kingdom
- You have had your normal home outside the EC for at least 12 months and you are transferring to take up permanent residency.
- You must have owned the goods for at least 6 months and paid tax on them.
- You must retain the goods for at least 12 months after importation.
- There is no duty free allowance for alcohol.
- To clear your goods through Customs you will need to fill out a C3 Customs form.
Many people import their motor cars and motor cycles into the United Kingdom as they are not subject to VAT or duty as long as you have owned them for 6 months prior to shipment and you have lived outside the EC for more than 12 months prior to shipping the vehicle. You cannot dispose of the vehicle for at least one year after importation.
Please fill in the request more information page and we will assist.
All other European countries have different regulations for the importation of personal effects and motor vehicles please contact us for details on the country of your choice.